Might have an overall length issue. And from what I hear, Ruger mags are super caliber specific. I had a Browning model 53 32-20 that I let go of, and it was sweet. But I was in the habit of buying and selling with little thought and it is gone. Stock Savage 23 gone too.

I wonder how close the 327 is to the 32-20 when both are in modern rifles. Article by Richard Mann in Shooting Illustrated says the Marlin cowboy 32 H&R (which I have) can be rechambered simply by reaming with no further modification needed. A post on a Marlin forum said the rated pressure of the round exceeded the rating of the action, but you wonder if that accounts for the smaller diameter case and reduced bolt thrust etc. Would a case full of H110 in one cartridge be less safe than a case full in the other?

Mann also wrote about the 7.62 x 39 as a light all-around gun in it's bolt version for West Virginia hunting. Squirrel to deer and the occasional black bear. Little ones that don't need the 338 mag I guess. A 527 carbine. If I could get the XS sights full length rail with integral ghost ring on that rifle, I would buy that tomorrow. Sold one of those too. There is a pattern here. The quest is continuing.

The 300 BLK rimmed variant needs a few things to be viable in my mind. Fast twist and throated to allow heavy for caliber bullets. Modern case design with modern brass. A parent case that allows relatively easy conversion. Personally, I would choose a rimmed variety over the 300 BLK if both were available from the factory, but that is no more likely than the 7615 in 300 BLK. I do like my lever guns.

But since it is all dreaming, how about the Freedom Group Division Marlin bring out the rimmed 30 x 357 designed for a similar range of bullet weights. 250 gr. bullets are being designed on the cast bullet sites for the 300 BLK already. 250 gr. RNHPPB @ 1050 fps. Tree stand at 50 - 100 yards, what wouldn't it kill? 16" in stainless and laminate for the back door and a longer barrel for quiet un-suppressed use.

Essay W.