I got tired of hearing of how Rugers were junk, thought that I would see for myself. I had an old early 80's tang safety in 6mm Rem that the barrel had been shot out on large dog towns in the late 70's.

I had a 26" Hart 1-12 twist, Max Heavy varmint contour installed, chambered in a tight neck 243 AI. Next, I ordered a McMillen Hunter benchrest stock inletted for the 77 tang safety in a Forest Camo color.

I gave the action a skim bedding job with Bisonite.

I installed a B&L 12x-32x that I used for p. dog shooting and took off to the rifle range. I shot .400 groups or smaller fire forming the brass with 70g Nosler ballistic tips. Next went to formed brass and shot .200-.250 theee shot groups which was comparable to the half a dozen Rem 700's and Stole Panda's which were chambered with the same reamer and same 1-12 twist Hart barrels.

My conclusion was they will shoot with just about anything else as long as you are not talking Competitive Benchrest accuracy.

I sold the rifle to a young man who got in the Varmint Hunter's Magazine 1000 yard club after taking many p. dogs at 1000 yards.