Thanks Rick and Jim.

The receivers were cast by Precision Cast Parts, here in Milwaukie, Oregon. They did a really great job and most of the guys at PCP are gunny, so they incorporated a bunch of their own little tweaks in it.

Basically, the BGR action is pretty darned good and they really make a darned good foundation for a custom rifle. And the trigger is decent. Lots also had well-timed safety mechanisms.

I've fired several that were consistent under-MOA rifles. As many were four-MOA shooters, but that was the fault of the barrel and the bedding.

I believe the thing that pissed me off the most was Greg's attitude of lots of beautiful finish on the outside and "the customer will never know about the inside." Sorry, but ALL gunnys are my brothers and that hurt me.

Kinda like Forrest Gump's Box of Chocolates, when you buy or trade into a Kimber BGR, you really don't know what you're gonna get. Sometimes you get less than you hoped for and just as often you get a rifle that is GOLDEN.

But then, that could easily have been truthfully said about all Ruger rifles for many, many years.

By the way, I was kind of a satellite on the BGR design committee and I recommended that medium scope rings be cast as part of the receiver. The lower scope halves, the ones integral with the receiver, would have replaceable nuts, so if a screw stripped out, it could be replaced. I still think that would have made a marvy and horseproof combination.

I also recommended a stainless steel version with a synthetic stock. Bear in mind that NO SS rifles were on the market then and the guys at Precision Cast Parts assured me that it was not a problem. Kimber of Oregon, if they'd just perfected the BGR a little more and offered a stainless/synthetic version, could have owned a unique and HUGE corner of the practical hunting gun market. Dumbshits.

Like lots of corporate committee dealings, most of the decisions were made by the non-gunny unknowing. We are diminished whenever this sort of thing happens.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397