I did some more reading (not always a good thing) and have some more to ponder over.

A t3 ss/syn in 6.5x55 would be nice with 140vlds. BC has a nice stock for the t3 which is quality, I can get a aluminum bolt shroud for the t3. It will be a nice "lighter" rifle, perfect for walks etc and 23" barrel. I'm not a fan of magazines. Accurate and smooth (used to have m695 in 7mm rem mag).

I could get the Hakweye in 6.5CM. Same ballistics pretty much except it's heavier, I've seen conflicting reports on barrel length. There is a review where it says 26" and the ruger website has 24". I'm not referring to the target model but the standard hawkeye. The LC6 trigger has the same pull weight as my glock...That's not cool so I'd need to do something about that. They are rougher and clunkier. Hawkeyes also aren't generally as accurate I've heard. I like the hinged flood plate.

People also keep recommending the new m70 featherweight as a great quality piece for the money. They cost about what the other two rifles do. The ONLY problem is that they chamber nothing in 6.5 (buggers) and I'm not about to buy a new barrel for a new gun. They are also 22" barrels but they do have the 7mm-08 which would also be fine I guess. The 162gr/168gr amax/berger would be comparable to the 140vld out of the 6.5. But it's not a 6.5 and the twist on the barrels is 1-9.5" which isn't all that great for the 160ish vlds. 1-9" would be better. I do like everything about the fwt though and nothing would have to be modified on it.

Thoughts?

Looks the fwt looks best. Accuracy the tikka will be best. Ruger should be accurate enough and doesn't look bad. A tikka with a BC stock and metal parts would be killer though.

Thoughts?

PS also 6.5CM is not available anywhere in Canada that I am aware of and I'm not sure I can simply cross the boarder and buy a bunch at a cabelas or something.