Since you did mention that it is a West German, I doubt if you could even touch the lands in the barrel with a seated bullet. I have a number of Weatherby rifles, LH WG's, one Jap LH .240, and a set of LH Accumarks made in the USA. In some of the WG's there is over one inch of freebore, if you had a French Brevea (sp) Weatherby it's barrel would have more freebore than that. IN OLDER WEST GERMANS: the magazine is generally the limiting factor on OAL. I am not guessing at this, I have been loading for my Weatherbys since the fall of 1970 and have worn out twenty something barrels in the Weatherbys alone.

You might even gain some info on your WG Weatherby from Weatherby, but don't mention you ever heard of me. After Roy passed away, I would call to find out when they were going to be running a run of left hand rifles off and they would commonly hang up on me. I guess they thought I would go away, but not so to this day. Now a days, I just find LH's in Gun Digest and the Weatherby Collectors Association (another good source) for Weatherby info.
Good shooting,
Marcus.