Also it just takes a little getting use to shooting further. Back when I was in high school over 40 years ago, I thought shooting 100 yards was about all I would ever need. As I matured and the opportunities presented themselves I needed to shoot further and further. When I was in college I was hunting out West with friends, my hundred yard shooting went to 3 or 400 yard shots. As time progressed I developed a group of like minded hunting buddies that think if we can see it, it's probably in range. Always remember, to hunt game at longer range you must practice at those ranges. Two or three times a month my wife and I dive to our property, set up targets and shoot down our roads after I check to see we don't have any of our people working in that area. We set up targets at 300, 500, 750, and 1000 yards. In time you can become very comfortable shooting long range.

In time you may want to look at reloading, as it will give you better quality ammunition to use at extended ranges. During our deer season in North Louisiana I get at least a couple of 500 yard shots each year at deer and 30 to 40 shots at wild hogs. When we hunt in Texas and out West each year there are a higher percentage of our shots at longer ranges. I wish you the best on your quest for the right load.
Good shooting,
Marcus.