I hunt the Colorado Desert, which is a sub catagory of the Sonoran Desert. See Rick's photos of our hunting area in the photo section.
<br> The bucks I insist on are 4 yr. old, plus, class desert mulies called the Burro Deer (o.h.eremicus !) .
<br> They are masters of that habitat. Basically one hunts them by tracking, since their population density is very low, like .4 deer per section. That's .4, not 4.
<br> When you find them, they are often in cover. They may see you first. If they do, you get not only a running shot, but one in cover as well.
<br> It's quite a challenge.
<br> I do try to find a hole in the cover to shoot through. I had a nice buck walk away from me once because I couldn't find a way to make the shot-before he got tried of watching me.
<br> Yes. I've had them partially expand, and deflect. I have found that premiums, like the Partition, do better. They will, sometimes, loose their front core, however.
<br> Lately, I've learned that Big Stick has some videos made by an african hunter who regularly shoots through cover with the Barnes X. He has no real problems in so doing.
<br> I've also read of delection tests done by law enforcement people who have discovered that the factory Throphy Bonded ammo does not deflect when shooting through glass windows, unlike the standard Federal Match ammo. I suspect this load will work better than conventional hunting ammo as well.
<br> Perhaps I should add that most of the shooting is under a 100 yds. I have made kills as far as 300 yds. as well however. E
<br>