Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Great performance Gunner. I hope your quest for velocity continues to be successful and safe.

If you're going to push them past 3,000 fps, have you thought about trying out 250gr TTSXs or 260gr Accubonds to retain more of that speed out near the next county?

Not to selfishly identify my own needs here, but I would love to see what you can do with a 350gr TSX out of that thing. Generally, that's what I like about magnum rifles: Not as much pushing smaller bullets hypersonic, as pushing bigger bullets fast. If you could get that 350gr TSX (0.425 B.C.) up in the 2,600 - 2,700 fps range or so, you would have a bullet that could flatly hit deer or larger game out to 400 yds and also take out a buffalo or elephant standing right next to you.

Thanks MarineHawk, I should be able to run the 350's @2700 pretty easy, very interesting idea You have there, I'm waitin' on my smith out in Colorado to finish up my 9.3X62, its built on a modern Heym bolt action, so the strength is there.
Thinkin' the RL-17 would propel the 320 Woodleigh's to 2400+ real easy in the 25" barrel, Have the round noses and PP both in that weight, should be a purty good little plow in its own right smile

Gunner

Trump Won!