Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by mtn-hunter
Intresting comments.
Elk is a deer just like all the other deer species of the world it's the size of the animal, projectile and caliber relationship that counts. An 150gr ttsx won't do [bleep] all at 600yd unless hit in the head or neck. You will wound the animal and it will run away to die a miserable death.
Love to see any pics of an elk being hit with that projy and wouldn't it be nice to see the autopsy of said Elk as well, some real study of bullet performance but hey if your google search skills are any good you may just come across something.

I guess the bull elk I killed with a lung shot from a 270 Win, 130 TSX at 545 yards didn't get the memo about "running away to die a miserable death". Unless you count the 50 yards he jogged before keeling over a tough tracking job. Maybe if he was another 65 yards further away the results would have been different? Maybe if I'd been using a 30-06 with 150 TTSX he'd of only been wounded? Nah... he'd still be dead. smirk

Pall I've got nothing to prove and I don't really care what you belive or do, but if want to attack me (for offering SOUND ADVICE and thats ALL it is, it dosn't mean it's my way or the highway it's simply SOUND ADVICE) then what'd you expect, I could go to town on your post, I could probably go back through your 487 posts and pic the sh*t out of you!!!!!!!! but what for, I've got no intrest in belittling or attacking you for your advice.
After re-reading my post it dose sound opinionated and I should have wrote "I've never shot an Elk, but I dont think that" instead.......But it's still sound advice.

This is not meant to be provoking, purely research, do you have any pics of your elk you shot in it�s gutted state or how that that 130gr pill performed on the vitals?