Originally Posted by bogusmcall
I too have ordered a luxus rifle. a few weeks ago I called Clay about ordering a rifle. I live just a couple of hours away from Luxus, so Clay insisted that I stop by so he could show me the facility and handle the rifles.
The rifles were very sweet and light weight. However i prefer a little heavier rifle. The rifles will be available in three different barrel weights. The light one pictured on the web site, a medium weight, (simular to a Ruger 1-B)and a heavy barrel for large calibers. I chose the medium weight.
I was also able to pick my own wood. They had several stocks already turned and pallets of blanks waiting to be turned. The one I picked is simply stunning! They were all nice but i choose the pick of the litter! haha
The reciever, I chose to have it Color case hardened. Doug Turnbull does the CC hardening for them. This rifle will be a memorial to my daughter who was killed in a automobile accident in June. The reciever will be engraved with my daughter's name on one side and her dates on the other.
I was also able to choose the serial number. I am expecting to recieve it sometime around Christmas.
As for it being a ugly rifle, i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can tell you this rifle is Beautiful in person.
Oh, and as far as Luxus not responding to calls, i have gotten a answer everytime i called or e-mailed. Always withen 24 hours. I meet Clay and Tony while i was there, but never got to meet Adam. Clay and Tony were very friendly and answered all my guestions.

Interesting handle.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.