Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
This thing will cross our state and the Ogallala Aquifer which is the life blood of Nebraska agriculture.No corporation can guarantee the safety of a pipeline but continue to spin all sorts of "How Goods" this will be for jobs and local economies.My big question is what happens to the oil once it arrives on US soil?? and who's to say it'll be a bargain and not sold on the open market as international prices dictate? There's plenty of oil but refineries and their limited production are a major contribution to so called shortages which are total BS! Speculators,controlled production and OPEC are the three sisters in the ongoing fleecing of Global economies,I can't be convinced otherwise....

One of the other things that I find kind of interesting is that IF Canada was to build an oil refinery to process the oilsands coming out of Fort Mac, what happens with the finished product?

Doesnt it need to go somewhere..somehow?...say..maybe like by "pipeline".

As far as the Ogallala Aquifer, how many other pipesline are currently strung across it? I remember seeing a picture of the state of Nebraska showing all the currently pipelines and it looked like a damn spiderweb.

It would be interesting to know how many farmers currently dispose of thier old tractor oil but dumping it in the weeds somewhere.

I'm willing to be it's a lot more than we'd think.