The Zeiss and Nightforce scopes seem to me to be among the best for low light shooting. However, not everyone needs to pay $2,000 or more for another minute of shooting time. I use a Leupold 3.5-10x50 for most of my low light hunting and I'm not giving up too many hunting minutes with that. It has served me very well right down to the last minute of legal hunting time.

I recently aquired a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 tactical for my long range coyote rifle and love the Firefly mildot reticle even though it doesn't provide quite as bright a view. You can shine a flashlight on the reticle and it remains illuminated for about 2 hours. No more worries about batteries failing just as the coyote moves into range. Although I like lots of light gathering, my biggest night time coyote hunting issue nowdays (since most scopes provide very good light) has been visibility of the reticle. I don't like illuminated reticles but the Firefly I like. I can see my dots perfectly and light is sufficient to see and target coyotes out to 500 yards or more. I even had to crank up to 24x last week to see one in the grass at 600 yards as light first broke and that worked fine (unfortunately, I didn't get the coyote because I was fiddling with my rest).