I have used the Hornady from the 308 Norma at 2780 fps muzzle velocity and from a 30/40 Krag at 2335 fps (not a Krag rifle). With the Norma, I shot a mule deer buck at a range of about 65 yards, quartering away. The bullet broke four ribs on the near side, angled forward and broke four more on the off side and lodged under the skin at the base of the neck. The deer ran about 30 yards and collapsed just as I was about to give him another.
An interesting kill with the same load was a coyote which was running straight away at about 200 yards. At the shot, the coyote tumbled and lay still. There was no apparent hole in the coyote but closer inspection showed the bullet had exited alongside the lower jaw. The point of entry was at the other end of the coyote.
From the 30/40, the bullet accounted for an elk and several whitetail deer. All were inside 70 yards. All were one shot kills. Penetration clear through on the deer and under the hide on the elk.
My feeling is the the bullets work best when muzzle velocity is under 2500 fps. In fact, impact velocities of around 1800 are probably where the bullet works best.
In my experience, the Sierra is a bit tougher and shoots a bit better although both bullets are sub-moa performers from the 308 Norma. I now use the Hornady in the 30/40 only. I figure there are better bullets for the Norma. GD