Originally Posted by salmonhead
Did you ever get an explanation from Savage why it misfired? When it's happened to me the primers were dimpled but didnt fire. I thought it was the shells and then fired them in a differnt gun with no problems. So I never used that brand anymore and this year it did it on the brand that shot best. Wonder if it needs a longer firing pin or stronger spring or something.

I had similar problems with mine-would fire anything but Federal (Barnes Tipped), would only dent the primer. Talked to a "tech" at Savage and she said I should just shoot the other slugs. Finally got someone that had a clue and they had me send it back for a firing pin spring issue. No problems since return and it shoots great. There were problems with ejection on the early ones, Savage redesigned the port and includeds the correct bases on them now (I tried three systems before I got mine right-if not, it won't eject and will jam up). I really like mine, I think they are great guns and the price is a lot more favorable than a Browning...

Golden............