Had a couple of pairs of Rocky Stalkers and they were pretty comfortable; nice and soft sole and no shock to the feet, legs, etc. but after a few years the soles crumbled between hunting seasons and it was "what the heck?" I too thought it might have been because I got them too close to a campfire while sitting around camp but after seeing everyone's comments, I don't think that's the problem. That was 20 years ago. Right after that, I bought two pairs of Danner's over a period of three years. I believe they were called "Predators" and were made for Cabela's before the newer version by the same name. One pair had "bob" soles and the other standard Vibram. Well this past elk season I finally had a failure where the outer sole of the "bob soled" boot came loose at the heel. Fortunately it was on the way out of the timber to the horses after downing a nice 6X7 so even though it was a little clumsy, I really didn't give a rip! Twenty years out of a pair of boots is pretty good in my opinion. Since Danner has a repair/re-sole service,I'll send them back and have them re-soled; see if I can't get a few more years out of them. The other pair is still going strong even although I will admit that one of the loop eyelets has pulled out.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.