Some here may have seen my earlier posting on the late Take Down 1899H or real early 99F, whatever it is I just got. I was skeptical when I found it because I had a bad experience long ago with a Quick Takedown 250 calibre. It had the interrupted barrel thread that only needs a 1/4 turn to release. Gun had a tang peep and was by far the most inaccurate rifle I ever owned before and since. Barrel didn't seem too loose, bore and rifling were good, but gun sprayed bullets and I could could barely keep them on a pie plate at 30 or so yards, and that was from a rest. Ever since then I stayed away from Take Downs until this last one I couldn't pass due to Condition. Opposite experience, this 30-30 Takedown is a very fine and accurate shooter. I haven't taken the barrel off, and don't intend to because it looks like it was on the receiver since day one. I assume it has the full thread and needs many turns to unscrew. May be I'm wrong on that.

With this background I ask if the Quick Takedown, interrupted thread design preceded the full thread Take Down model, or vice versa? Is there a serial # that would mark a transition either way? Thanks for replies.
Joe