I started with a Ben Pearson Cougar then used a Bear Kodiak Magnum then tried compounds and crossbows and finally settled on making my own out Long bows and flat bows(Made one recurve) of Hickory and also making my arrows out of the same .Make my own bowstrings(Dacron B-50)fletch my arrows with turkey feathers, cut the nocks with a chainsaw file and use a rasp and a knife to create a taper on the arrows to glue on either Zwickey or a Bear head.Carried my arrows in a cheap leather and plastic quiver to start with, then when I killed a young bobcat(bout 15 pounds)I case skinned it and cleaned all the meat and scrap from it and salted it and then made an indian style quiver out of it to carry my arrows in.I have killed rabbit, squirrel,coon,frogs and snakes with my gear.When you use only hand tools and it takes better part of a day to make a good arrow I promise you you lose one and you will spend a LOT of time looking for it.

Craig

And yes before you ask a friend and I both ate the bobcat and it was absolutely delicious. put it on a smoker for a few hours and then lightly basted with Barbeque sauce and made what we called bobcat burgers !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money