The welder is an old Miller wire feed unit. It is my dad's and I don't have the model # but I could get it, if you need it.

With coaching from northern_dave and my Pa, I spot welded every few inches 3-4" apart or so, and kept going around until it was secured down well enough to hold. Once we get the floors all patched up, I'll weld (or try at least) a bead around the edges where to connect the spots.

The area where the factory floor pans go is really pretty easy. It gave a false sense of skill. They fit nicely and were easy to tack in place. The pieces I had to make, mostly yesterday didn't like to be tacked. I had to bend and shape them, mostly with a hammer, vice, and tin cutting tools, and didn't have a precise fit. Once they were tacked, and I had to persuade an area into place, they'd pop out. My dad, then decided to use some brass welding rod. That held like no other and could take a pounding. We teamed up, he'd braze them tin in, and I'd cut and shape it. Once we got a system down, it went a lot faster.

I'm kinda chomping at the bit to finish, I need to get that truck out on the road.

It will probably end up getting sold in a year or two because I'd like to build an old gen 1 Bronco.

Camp is where you make it.