but can get hung up if run real hard on a spitzer shaped cartridge.
Exactly..

Customer of mine had won a trip to Africa on short notice.. Bought a CZ in .458 Lott.. He could never get 100% feeding with it, even when trying three different makers of ammo.. The tips would get caught on the flat portion of the breech and everything stopped.. It has to do with the breech design..

He had only 7 days before he left on the trip. Nothing I could do with it in that short a time - but the best remedy would have been to remove the barrel, machine a cone breech like the M70 Winchesters and refit the barrel to the receiver.. Neither of us had the time to allow that procedure..

No amount of magazine tweaking would cure that CZ breech style.. I've had other customers complain of the same thing.. Some feed very well - a few others won't. If you're going to Africa on a DG hunt, that rifle MUST feed 100% every single time..

Yesterday, after watching the video, I had the opportunity to try the same thing on a M70 Classic in .375H&H I had just finished installing a barrel on.. I went as fast as I could and every shell fed as slick and quick as the one in the video..

Sorry, but it's darned hard to find feeding as nice as the coned-breech Winchesters... Just my .02...

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!