I'm guilty of Hot Rodding my 6.5 Lapua. Running the 140 Berger hunting VLD @ 2960 with H4350 and CCI450's through a 27" Pac Nor, 1/8, 5 groove. Chronographed and validated at 1000yds.

I'm sure the pressure is up there, and I am not leaving anything on the table, but the rifle and brass appear to be operating comfortably. I'm at 200 rds of this load through the rifle. Spent primers have a nice round edge, no cratering, primer pockets tight after multiple reloads, no plunger or ejector marks on case head, no sticky bolt lift, and I have not even had to trim the brass after 4 reloads. Crazy.

My OPINION is the 6.5 Lapua is a stout, efficient little SOB that likes to Rock N Roll. Off a bi-pod and rear bag, its a 1/4 inch gun at 100 and 5 inch gun at 1000. At long range, I can watch my bullet strike through the scope. Very mild recoil and a pleasure to shoot.

In addition to recreational long range shooting, I used this load on a 150" 10pt Missouri buck this November. He didn't like it one bit! LOL