I would say Anschutz. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one either. Two of my friends have old ones and the guns shoot better than they do. If you don't care about "new" I looked for years and picked up a Rem 40X Rangemaster. I bought a Microfit stock for it and it shoots. I just mentioned in another post that it likes RWS 40 grain std velocity ammo. I shot under a half inch at 100 yds with in a couple days ago on a pretty windy day. I have a 36 power scope on it and it's not uncommon to see bullets impacting in the same place. You can make cloverleafs at 100 yds if it's calm out. With the Redfield Olympic sights the rifle came with I won both 100 yard matches my club has run.

One thing though, it's heavy. It's got a barrel that looks like it's at least 26 or 28 inches long. My gunsmith wants to hack off some. He said it wouldn't affect the accuracy but I don't know if I should chance it.

Championship shooting supplies is the US importer of Anschutz and they have regular sales and closeouts. I paid about $1000 by the time I was done with my Rem, and the Anschutz sporters can be had for that.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/pages.php?pageid=5

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson