Any real diff between IMR 4350 and H4350? You can answer the question now, or read on, your choice.

Here�s the deal, I�m about to go on my initial shopping trip for powder and primers. You guys speak highly of H4350 so that�s what I was gonna grab. Loading for 30�06 and .300 wizzum shooting 150�s and 165�s.

My fishing buddy has an uncle(Jack) who has been reloading for like 30 years, I�m new at this so I called Jack up and asked if he could show me the ropes, We have all been fishing together before so there�s no strangers here. Jack said come on over and bring your �06 and some once fired brass.

We spent most of that day going through all aspects of reloading, including getting the 40 once fired cases ready for action, all steps from setting dies to decapping to cleaning, trimming etc�.

Jack has equipment that might be 40 years old, example a Redding balance beam that is still spot on. He also has modern stuff all the way to RCBS charge master and case prep center. A cool blend of old and new.

We found the lands and backed off .005, he says grab some IMR4350 from the cabinet and those 150 grain Sierra Game Kings.

We loaded 10 rounds just for the heck of it, with 56(low end charge) grains of the IMR4350,

Now the sweet part, Jack has access to his neighbors property which has a range all set for 100 and 200 yards, Benches and all. Sweet set up.

Well, I really wasn�t expecting big results with this deal, 150 grain Game Kings? Sounds like a hunting bullet to me.

Well 10 shots at 200 surprised the heck out of me, this was just a starter load .I could post a pic if your curious. A lot of shots touching and cloverleaf�s, impressive to me for a basic starter load at 200 yards.

Back on topic, I�m gonna grab a 8lb keg this weekend of one of these powders($18.75 Lb), why dick with 1lb at 23-25 bucks? Which one, IMR4350 that we used or the H4350 you guys like so much? Is there actually even any real diff?

Jack mentioned he liked the IMR, but thought it was a �dirty � powder, your thoughts?

Also, why am I going to shoot Barnes TSX(the �06 likes these) at .70 cents a pop, when Sierra Game Kings can produce such accuracy at 200 yards? GK�s are like 26 cents a pop.

Any thoughts on the Sierra Match Kings, strictly for target? This stuff is addicting, but so many choices. Talk to me....