Qtip;

At one time, I would have said the AuSable Wulff for the same reasons.

That is, until Mr. Betters lost the two split cane rods that I delivered to him for restoration. Cost-wise, I wasn't out much money, but the rods were originally owned by my paternal grandparents (one rod Granddads, the other Grandmas). Betters lost them, gave me the run around about it, then tried to give me someone elses rods as my own. His b!tch (daughter/younger wife, whatever she was) got all defensive when I got a bit upset due to this clusterf'k on his end.

I hope that SOB roasts in the worst regions of Hades, and I wouldn't piss down his b!tches throat if her guts were on fire.

So, my honors go to the lowly Wooly Bugger, in standard, conehead, or beadhead form. If it absolutely, positively has to get caught, this is my go-to fly. Standard, it can be floated and twitched as a terrestrial or attractor, or can swim just under the surface. Weighted, it does just about everything.

Second place is a tie between the Adams and the Elk-hair Caddis. If it can be caught with a dry fly, these two will do it.