I've shot a number of elk with 160 partitions and 62.0 grains of IMR4831 in the past several years from my 7MM RM. Also killed an Alaska bull mooose with it as well as a bunch of antelope and deer.

This past year, I worked up a good load with the 160 grain accu-bonds and IMR4831 62.0 grains, cci 250 mag. primes and WW cases.

MV is 2970.

I had 4 elk tags this year, 2 in Wyoming, 1 in Montana, and 1 in Arizona...used the accu-bonds on all four with great performance. All are DIY, public land elk.

Wyoming bull, shot it at 25 yards, hit the back of the on-shoulder exited behind the off shoulder:

[Linked Image]

Exit side of that bull:

[Linked Image]

Montana bull, 363 yards, shot behind the shoulder, bullet exited:

[Linked Image]

Wyoming cow, 211 yards, exit side:

[Linked Image]

Finally, Arizona bull on the general hunt in late November, 620 yards, shot it behind the shoulder, bull bedded. Wanted to make sure it was done and shot it twice more in its bed. Recovered all the bullets.

[Linked Image]

Here are 3 of the 4 bullets I recovered...the first two expanded bullets from left are the bullets from the AZ bull shot at 620, the last expanded bullet was recovered from a MT mule deer shot at 130 yards stem to stern.

[Linked Image]

I'd feel pretty comfortable shooting either the 160 accubonds or partitions...they both work great.