Found a nice gelding to replace my 28 year old QH that I retired a year and a half ago and we recently put down due to cancer. He was the horse of a lifetime and I spent the last 18 months looking for a worthy replacement.

"Nifty", the new horse, is a nice 15h gelding, plain black, coming 7 year old. Hancock all over his top end as far back as you can see and some Doc Bar and Leo on the bottom. He's gentle, dead calm, sweet natured, very, very smooth and supposedly worked some cattle in Oklahoma. He may not have been very good at it though, or I suspect he'd still be there. We just trail ride and camp anymore though, so he's plenty of horse. And he may just be the smartest horse I've ever known...I'm thinking I might let him do our taxes this year...

He's built nice and has some of the most muscular loins I've ever seen on a horse. Which brings me to my problem - he's got a pretty round back and not very pronounded withers. Every other horse I've ever owned - 7 or 8 - has had pretty tall withers. My Circle Y trail saddle fit every one of them fine, but it wants to slip around on Nifty. I can recall an ancient roping saddle that I had about 25 years ago that would probably fit him pretty good. The Circle Y is supposed to be full QH bars. Anybody else have this problem and how did you fix it?