Already light, just my way of talking....dude. Think about this a second...

What you're missing is understanding of drag effects as related to scale and velocity. What Rinker referred to in his book may be correct or not. Error in the max range of 100 yards or about 8% as you relate is significant and renders the findings questionable. Maybe they are right and maybe they aren't. Comparison of the BC numbers betwixt the LR and short bullet is not a linear function for several reasons, most notable of which is the fact that drag coefficients are variable from the time a bullet exits the muzzle until it comes to rest. In other words it is a value that evolves, not a constant value. What you see in published data is an approximation of average drag over a specific distance selected by the manufacturer.

What I am trying to impress on you is in line with your last sentence. The CB bullet will travel the longer distance if departure angle is optimum and therefore the hazard can be projected to approximately 1140 + yards. In the subsonic velocity range lower speed generally translates to higher BC for flat base bullets. There is no obvious correlation between the performance of LR bullets and Short bullets that can be inferred from Rinker's book.

First and foremost folks need to understand that CB shorts are deadly and are not toys. I know a lot of folks that incorrectly think that is the case and use such ammo indiscriminately. It is a foolish thing to do. I took exception to your speculation that their longest potential travel distance would be in the range of 500 yards or so and that is simply untrue.

The facts have been put in front of you and I rather imagine you'll do what you please with the information. Couple of pics below to illustrate what CB shorts are capable of doing. Take heed please.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain