My Silver Hawk is just over 7-pounds weighed on a scale. I don't have an accurate ounce scale here now where I'm at, but when it was weighed, I recall it was no more than an ounce or two over 7-pounds. The RBL had the same barrel length and was an ounce or two under 8-pounds. My Silver Hawk has excellent balance and carrys very well. I've never had the chance to carry and handle an RBL many hours over several days, but in my mind, the extra weight was still there over and above what I've grown accustomed. When I've hunted with the friend with the nice 20ga, we have exchanged guns to test, and both he and I feel that mine carrys well as his.

I'm not a snobbish individual by any means as I tend to get one thing that works well and run it till the wheels fall off. I'm not into the glitz and glimmer stuff. But at some point I'm going to pull the trigger on purchasing another good field double so I can give the other to my oldest. I jumped into this thread because I respect input from you guys.

Best smile

Edited Note: I don't have much knowledge about the RBL, so maybe with the differences in stock wood, barrel thickness, options and such, there may be a fair weight swing between different RBL 12ga builds. The one I referenced may have been a heavy one whereas another could be had lighter. I'll look into that further, as they seem to be very nice guns.

Last edited by GaryVA; 02/13/12.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood