Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Are they worth the money? I'd like to get a bit more power out of my truck for pulling my enclosed trailer, which weighs about 42-4300lbs when loaded. My truck is rated for 7500lbs, she pulls the loaded enclosed trailer pretty easily but she sucks the gas and i'd like to improve on that if it's possible. Any suggestions besides "get a Cummins or Hemi"?

What kind of truck you got? Does it have stock tires and stock ride height? I recently bought a Diablo ITune for my 2011 Silverado. I been running it for about a week and have seen about a 1 mpg increase mostly rural driving 35-55 mph speeds. I can't say there is a differenc in power but it does feel a little more responsive. Also the trans shifts crisper than before. The unit was 399.00 and it is a plug and play tune. You can chose between a 93,89 and 87 octane tune and a mpg tune. I'm running the 87 octane tune right now for a test. I'm going to try the others soon, I like to run a tune for a week normal driving to see if there are any differences. I ran a Predator on my 07 Dmax and loved it but you do not get the increase in performance with the gas engines like you do with the diesels. I mainly got the tuner because I'm going to put bigger tires and a leveling kit on the truck in a few weeks so I will need to change the tire size in the ECM. My experience has been whem you change the tire size it impacts the performance of the truck alot.

I wish I still had my diesel, once you tow with a diesel you get spoiled. I thought I didn't need it anymore but now I'm buying a camper so things have changed. The camper only weighs 5200lb dry but loaded its about 7500 which my truck is rated for 8900 but a diesel would pull it a lot easier than my 1/2 ton. If you tow a lot then the extra fuel cost and such is worth it. However sometimes you have to do the best with what you got.

Last edited by jmt277; 02/15/12.

magnums the only way to shoot