I have a pendleton ultra light weight stock for a model 7 wayne builds a very nice, light, and very stiff stock. I like the stock. Wayne not so much. I did re bed the stock as his bedding was not close to stress free. I also had him coat the metal and this is where my problems with him are. He did not plug the muzzle or chamber and did a good job of bead blasting them and coating the chamber and first inch of muzzle. Of course neither should be done to those two things. His answer was, I might have for got to plug them, but its no big deal just have your smith polish the chamber back out and shorten the barrel "its real no big deal". Which it may not be but sure not what I wanted with a brand new custom barrel or service and workmanship from a custom smith. Other then that he said just shoot it who cares it will probably be fine,
So I think he does make a good stock, probably the same as mpi from what he learned when he worked with them. But you decide if you want to take a chance that it comes out good or want to deal with him if something is wrong.