Originally Posted by addicted
Thanks Jeff O; it's a straight stock BLR btw.

Since I need TAC for my 350 Rem Mag, it will plan out perfectly for the 358 too.

I've never crimped any reloads yet, but I'm sure it's easy.

I figured I would have compressed loads considering such a big bullet in a 308 case.

Thanks again...

With RL7 and 200's, I can easily get over 2600 fps from my 20" M7 with very minimal compression. That's a load I've run a lot of. Easy on brass, etc. My load is well over anything I've seen in a book.

TAC gets 225's to a solid 2500 fps from that same 20" Pac-Nor barrel. Again with minimal compression.

I wouldn't assume crimping will be easy. It can be tricky to get it right, especially with heavy compression, and the cannelure (if there is one) might be in the wrong place. Plus your brass needs to be all trimmed to exactly the same size which means trimming every time or you'll get uneven crimps. Finally, it's very easy to crush the shoulder a bit on a .358 case.

For that reason, powders that will give me good speed without the compression are my choice, hence RL7 for 200's and TAC for 225's. From JB's data I'd expect TAC to work great on 200's too.

Nosler has a 200-gn Accubond coming out in .35. Gotta admit I like the sounds of that bad boy at 2600+ fps on deer!

I've killed a half-dozen deer with the 225 NP. Great bullet but nor quite as dramatic as the 200 Horn... keeps meat damage LOW though. I'll post a couple gory pics. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!