You nailed it! That is exactly the problem as I just talked to a CVA gunsmith today.

They stated that because the Elkhorn Pro Magnum is a bolt action the breach plug is to long and therefore the Blackhorn 209 powder does not like to ignite properly. They stated the Blued Bergara barrel could handle it as well as the action, just the breech plug is the issue.

So I emailed breechplugrchs61.org in which he stated he wasn't sure if the gun could handle BH 209, so now I got all the misconceptions cleared up and the information is on the web now for others to Google, I will follow up with breechplugrchs61.org and get the breech plug modified to run the BH209.

Question, where do you get replacement vents and when should you replace them. I've seen people state 50 - 100 shots, but I find that hard to believe?

Also CVA stated that they are soon to start testing Alliant MZ Black Powder Substitute in their rifles. They said that it had just came in and they would get testing soon. He stated to follow the manufacture instructions to a "T" if one is to try it until the results are in. Just thought I would put this out there for others to Google.

Thanks for clearing up the breech plug nipple issue in my head, in that they do not modify that end, only the end that touches the powder!!!!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.