Here is the explanation that Kevin gave me a little while back. Essentially with the introduction of the BCS they didn't want competing products in their own line up. The 3 is hard to beat for what it offers/price, and you can see from some of the pictures on their sight that you can get 4 in there if you HAD to. So in doing my research for my own tipi the number should be cut in half, especially if you get a stove.

After talking with Kevin for a while I have decided that the BCS is what I am going to buy. With the Breakaway Tarp in what is doghouse mode I can put all of my gear out there, or even set it up with the awning for an extra bed space for someone. Essentially the versatility of the BCS would be better than the 4, for pretty close to the same price with the optional features of the BCS.

The disadvantage for me is simply that I am going to have to save up a little bit more cash before i can purchase it with the extra panel. But I feel that I can fit 3 in there for sleeping when necessary, or haul the Vertex 5 if I need more space or the tarp for the system they planned.

Hope all that helps.