alpinecrick,

I'm not dissing your skill nor your product, but most guys who are into the "long range" thing go looking for that long range shot.

Upon what do you base this assumption?

There is something you are missig here. Most folks are NOT going to see game that is much over 100 yards away. Most of the hunters I have been with think fifty yards is 100 yards and 250 yards is 600 yards.

Most guys don't use binoculars and woud not see the pronghorns displayed in the fun video a few posts above. They don't even know that world exists. Those who do use bins thrown them up look around the area in about ten seconds and declare, "Ain't nothin' here," and move on.

Maybe you are one of them so you lash out. Maybe you are someone who can "heft the 10x50 bino's, set up the 80mm spotter, untangle the bipod, warm up the rangefinder, range, consult the trignometry book taped to the stock, twirl, lick our finger and test the wind" and get a shot off at some distant target and hit it.

The probelm with "there are 10--maybe a 100--more elk hanging out in the timber" is most of them are not spotted by the majority of hunters. I have pointed out game standing almost in the open and in the open and the "hunter" never saw a thing but woods or brush.

One guy I remember in particular told me, "That's a horse," when I pointed out a cow elk. Another guy I took deer hunting threw up his rifle and started to shoot at a herd of elk which we jumped in the timber. Fortunately I was close enough to stop him.

You post that you are not "dissing" and then go on to make fun of someone. Why bad mouth fellow outdoorsmen for what they enjoy?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter