CD, are the horses OK with a chopper hazing for them?

Not to derail your thread, but it made me think of the time I had a C-130 haze for me. A local guy was an Air Guard pilot out of St. Joe, MO and he took great pleasure in doing low level training over his home turf. Many in the neighborhood were buzzed while cultivating or haying.

Anyway, I was called for a calving cow and was assured she'd be caught before I got there. When I got to the pasture she was on the run and the whole neighborhood was in on the chase. No horses involved, just pickups, tractors, ATV's, and some on foot. The cow bailed off in a pond, and we quickly surrounded her, but she stayed just out of lariat range. Nobody was too keen on going swimming to catch her. It was a standoff.

Just then a pair of C-130's playing follow the leader come over the horizon and banked toward us. The cow looked straight up as Eddie buzzed us at treetop level, and I got my chance to drop a loop over her head. Got a live calf and all was well.

So the joke in that neighborhood is if we can't catch a cow, we might have to call out the National Guard...

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...