Originally Posted by OldRooster
Thanks for the link. And I'll let y'all know about the trigger.

d.

Oldrooster,

The A75 is the DA version of the A-70. The frame is opened up quite a bit to make room for a lot more parts, so that lightened up the frame some. I know that the 9mm & .40 A-75 was offered with an aluminum frame as an option, but I�ve never seen one (doesn�t mean they�re not out there) The .45 ACP is just sized up to accept a bigger hole in the barrel, it�s not too far off of a Glock 36 in the size department, but much heavier, especially if it has a steel frame. The safety on the A-75 works as a decocker, I like it. The DA action is stiff, but not horrible. SA trigger pulls is noticeably stiffer than the A-70�s (it should be noted that the A-70�s & A-75�s were imported by Interarms and European American Armory, and that for some reason the Interarms guns have a better fit and finish, as well as trigger pulls).

Spare magazines are not cheap, running between 30.00-40.00. My Astra A70 fits well into a 1911 holster, but the larger trigger guard of the A-75 precludes a 1911 Holster. I�d look at holsters for the Taurus Millennium Series pistols in .45 ACP for a close fit.

Astra was a quality manufacturer, you can bet it�s a good pistol. By today�s standards its going to be a bit on the heavy side, and understand that should you break a part (quite unlikely), you may have some challenge finding a replacement.

If you get it, let us know how it all works out�I�ve yet to see anyone unhappy with that series of Astra pistol.