off topic a hair here ... but

VG, even moreso than me you have a zillion varmint rigs...

I am sure like me, when you go out you have half a dozen guns or more with you...

I was just thinking as I packed up for this last varmint outing, what in the heck am I doing?

I have ammo for this, ammo for that.. and then for each rig, I have half a dozen different loads...and on and on and on...

then most of it stays in the vehicle..

I'm on a mission instead to start just loading up 500 rounds that are the same load, and when it is time to load up... grab a filled container of 500 rounds and go...

already have my rimfire ready to bring along and go..( I am better on that one..)

I was out and took some shots with my 17 HMR again ( the NEF) and once again, it isn't any better than the 22 LR.. except for a little more range..

they are accurate to the same distances as the 22 LR are, even if the wind is blowing.. but beyond that, they become useless...with a slight breeze..

however they are still popular as even this early in the season, the sun sure was shining off a batch of HMR cases laying all over the ground....every where I went..

maybe the rest of you guys already are this organized... and it was just an epiphany for me....

500 to 600 rounds a day are about all I can handle... until I have a headache due to scope squint... maybe better optics would eliminate that tho...

but two containers of 500 rounds each, say three rifles.. and a rim fire and I should be ready to go...

I keep the bipods, binocs, shooting stands etc in the car in a container ready to go all the time...either for the range or the field...and the container is easily transferred from the car to the truck...

so with a 223, I don't need a 221 Fireball, or 218 Bee, or a 22 K Hornet, etc etc...etc..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez