That was my first time out in the field with it, and my impression is favorable.

I used to thread an old fanny pack through the chest straps of a backpack for much the same purpose, but that rode on my diaphragm and I wish these kit bags had been around much earlier.

Mine is the regular kit bag, not the runner. On the hunt, I was carrying 8x40 binocs (which I didn't need), a compass (which I didn't need) and a couple of other small items. Okay, I did use the binocs to look at some of the exotics across the road.

At home, I had stuffed the binocs and a Glock and some other things to try out, and I quickly decided that if I'm carrying both optics and pistola, I'm definitely using the docking straps to suspend from a backpack. Wearing the kit bag alone, I don't think I would carry both. One or the other is comfortable, though.

As you can imagine, there's a heat penalty if you're moving fast in warm weather, but you would have figured that already.

Construction seems every bit as good as others have reported. It's an excellent alternative to a Chesty Puller rig for a pistol. My 6" 629 with Pachmyer grips will not quite fit in the back compartment, but the cylinder on that thing would probably make an uncomfortable impression after a few hours anyway. Your 1911, no problem.

Early days, as far as knowing durability, but I'm happy.