Bart.....i believe the correct term (old style) is parallax......but "fisheye" seems to be the term nowadays......must be a zombie thing.
What i have observed in two 30mm 1-4x24 from 2 diff scope suppliers (both priced under $500) at the 1x setting is movement of the reticle or background depending if the unmounted scope is moved or if the shooter's head is moved. At 4x the movement is just slightly noticeable around the outer edge of image viewing. More precise eyepiece adjusting appears to lessen the problem but it is still very noticeable.
That is what prompted me to ask the question......maybe the competitive shooters you referred to will give some feedback.
This may be a price range "thing"......maybe $800 to $1200 scopes of this power range do not exhibit this problem. I live in a small community now and don't have access to major stores to compare other models.

I attempted to order the 3x32 from SWFA but they have not received any from Nikon yet.....(when did this promotion start?)......but SWFA is accepting backorders.
So i have a "ticket".
Thanx for any input.