The "ladder" test popularized by Creighton Audette and since turned into some kind of "net" load developement mantra on the "correct" way to develop loads, has been used is some form since the late 50's...not by that name because Audette "systemitized", published and popularized it. I've been using a variation all my shooting life, which means I can short cut some of the steps and use some simple mathamatical models to increase the likelyhood of hitting that "sweet spot".

Basically...It ain't no thang, Bro...lots of ways to Nirvana, none being the only "right"? way.

Audette is very good at doing what it's supposted to do, but too many shooters just do it by rote mindlessly, then don't or understand HOW to do the additional work to refine what the test told them.

AG...you ask for "interpretations" and that is what you got...although I'm totally at a loss WHY?, if you know what an "Audette" is, did you post that picture and ask for interpretations when the initial steps and follow up steps are very apparent by reading the various articles and you DIDN'T DO THEM...no flame or diss intended...just wondering what your ulterior/alterior motives were.

ANYONE/EVERYONE...all you have to do is Google "Creighton Audette" and out pops SEVERAL very good articles on the subject.

BUT...The "Audette" is ONLY AS GOOD as the rifle, shooter AND ammo. If you haven't done all the work systematically, to "optimize the accuracy" of all the components, Audette won't show you DOODLY...it will only show you that sometimes you get everything in line and shoot a small group, but most of the time all you get are hole in the target without ANY apparent rhyme or reason.

BELIEVE ME...I have tested and retested the "Audette" with benchrest quality rifles and ammo and off the shelf rifles and ammo, factory MATCH ammo in benchrest rifles, ACCURIZED factory ammo in benchrest AND factory rifles and rifles I have built and/or accurized with factory match ammo, factory premium ammo, factory cheap 'Mart ammo and my own benchrest prepped ammo...over the last 35 years at least. I spent many years keeping my components all stocked up by accurizing and developing loads for rifles...not for money, but for the components and knowledge gained from "diddling" shooters...in both senses.

Basically and arguably, there isn't a quick and dirty way to consistent accuracy of a requesite level for 3-400 yds and beyond without FIRST optimizing the rifle and ammo system.

If you only want hunting accuracy, don't bother with the 'Audette"...just pick up several boxes of factory ammo and see which shoots the best in our rifle.

If you want to shoot flies at 500 yds you better start with a TUNED rifle, scope and ammo and then learn how to shoot all over again.

There is another aspect about the "Audette" I haven't seen too much written about, but probably has somewhere along the line...powder weight variation is only ONE component that most people normally think about when they here
"Audette"...BUT...seating depth, powder TYPE, PRIMER BRAND, case brand and bullet type/construction can ALL be included at multiple layering by using mathamatical prediction models at the SAME time. Set up a 4x4, 5x5 or 6x6 matrix and "GET'R'DONE". grin