I bought this used Zoli-made Navy Arms 1863 Remington .58 Zouave replica recently for $200:

[Linked Image]

It was really dusty for having been in storage for 10+ years, but it cleaned up very well. While it has been fired, the bore is shiny-clean. There was some light surface rust freckling on the underside of the barrel just behind the muzzle, but that disappeared with Kroil, fine brass wool, and elbow grease (brass wool does NOT remove blueing). The brass bands and other fittings have a really nice flat patina that I'm not going to touch.

I haven't fired it yet, but it's a Zoli-made replica with a S/N in the 50,000 range so it's a fairly late model as these things go. The rifling is three-grove, and I'm anxious to see how it handles the .58 Minie bullets that I buy from Randy Moyer in central PA.

I saw a Hy Hunter / Zoli marked 1863 Remington Zouave replica nearly identical to this one with a four-digit S/N for $550, and any other replica I've come across in the past 2-3 years has been over $450, finding this one for $200 was outstanding, IMO.

Should be a nice companion to my Parker-Hale Musquetoon.

Noah

Last edited by Noah_Zark; 04/02/12.

Resistance is NOT futile. Resistance is Voltage divided by Current.