Originally Posted by xposo
A hard lesson learned by newbies, including me back in the day.
Now for the past 8 years, I only use Hawke scopes which are all magnum springer rated. Never had one crap out on me yet, even on my gas rams, solid since the day they were all mounted.

A acquaintance shooter I know put on a spanking brand new Leupold EFR on his R9(an a R9 isn't a hard recoiling gun) and it died within 100 shots. So even if a scope is AG rated, it doesn't mean that it'll last, everything breaks if it has moving parts. Especially AG rated scopes.

My R9 SE ate a Bushnell Trophy 4-16x, Bushnell will not back it with airgun use. I put a Swift Premier 6-20x airgun scope ($220 online) on it and it's great. The Elite series is also rated by the factory for airgun use.

The point of aim starts going wacky, you adjust the scope and get a few shots on and then it will jump again.

Last edited by 243WSSM; 04/07/12.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.