Blaine,
<br>
<br>I can't add much to the conversation other then all the 480 owners I know are extremely happy with the gun.
<br>
<br>I've only taken two spruce hens so far, no real test of its capablilities! The load was very light, 310 gr LFN @ 700 fps, yet it left a 2" exit wound. That same bullet can be easily driven 1500 fps, and would be devistating on game 500#'s and under. Despite being able to drive the ligth bullet that fast, I prefer 1000 fps, it has mild recoil, is enough for smaller large game, and the accuracy rivals that of many over the counter rifles.
<br>
<br>My second favorite load is a 390-400 gr cast @ 1200 fps. I would put that up against any large animal I'd be willing to take on with a revolver. It is not the most powerful load in the round, but, it is accurate, and most important shootable. Kinda like comparing a 416 rem mag to a 416 Weatherby. I don't think you see a signifigant increase in terminal performance, but at the shoulder, recoil is greatly enhanced.
<br>
<br>480, powerful, accurate, and most important shootable. Those that don't shoot one can't see how it is so good. Those that do, can't imagine using anything else.