Originally Posted by kutenay
Find a Classic stainless Mod. 70, get the mag. box, W-spring and follwer combo from master gunmaker and real gentleman Duane Weibe and have a GOOD 'smith and I can PM you who IS just that, install these and fit a Micky handle.

Get a Brockman-Talley base-peep sight combo, 8-40 screws and two sets of Talley QD mounts. Have the barrel cut to 23" and a Recknagel banded ramp with Euro-post front sight installed.

Shoot it until you can use it without concious thought and it will be a .375H&H, loaded with 300 NPs over enough H-4350 over a WW mag.primer in Nosler brass. buy 200 cases to start and they should last a long time. My rifles like 76.5 grs and I do not try for the highest velocity as the original British loads seemed to work pretty well in "Darkest Afriker, old boy, eh wot"....

There is NO better .375 bore rifle made unless you can spend SERIOUS coin, pushing 10K and this rig will give you 4+1, shoot well and last until you are fertilizer.

The Ruger and I have owned at least 20 guns by them, is not equal to this rig and the noise about "bolt throw" etc. is all horseshit, the kind of drivel spouted by those with 10.000+ posts on each of several different gun sites and gun "knowledge" largely obtained from reading magazines.

You can also do a CZ-550, but, I see no real value to the heavier rifle, having owned a customized Brno-602 and some disadvantages.

If, you can afford it, there are Dakota 76-/Safari Grades out there and with a little work, these become a fine .375 rifle. HTH.

Damn good advise Kutenay wink

Gunner

Trump Won!