Had a great weekend hunting Black Kettle in western Oklahoma this weekend. This is my first year hunting Gobblers and it has been a dandy! You might remember my post of my son's first bird:

My 9 year old's First Turkey

We were both so happy with his kill and I finally connected on my first bird this weekend. The weather was crazy here in OK this weekend with Tornado and severe storm predictions since early on in the week. Sure enough, the weather guys were right. Storm came in Sat. afternoon and the hail and rain started and lasted until 5 p.m.. After the storms came through, the sun came back out and we knew the gobblers would probably sun a little before heading to the roost.

We set out to check out our roost trees and spotted a group of 5 big boys on a fence line. We drove the truck up 100 yards and went into the timber to try and sneak up. The wind was strong so our noise was covered fairly well. We were able to sneak up to within 40 yards and see all 5 boys just hanging on the edge of the timber. I could see a good beard in the group, put the Stoeger 3500's bead on the base of the neck and squeezed off the trigger. The 3 inch Federal Premium Mag Shot with Flight Control funneled through the Xfull factory choke and he folded!

I could not be happier with my first Turkey! 17 pounds, 7/8th inch spurs and a double beard!! One 10 inch thick paintbrush, and one 5 inch pencil.

I've hunted deer and waterfowl, but I have to say I am ADDICTED to Turkey hunting!

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

may all your projectiles fly true!!