Ho,

You've got the consistancy right on the money, that is the single most important factor to BP loading ( I Think ). I use the method I descriped of weighing to gain this consistancy once i have verified the volume loading. Interesting enough the weight of the same volume charge i use will vary from time to time, thus the reason for weighing each and every charge. Once again before some body gets there panties all in a bunch. This is the was I do it, I am not saying that it is the only way or even the right way just "MY" way. Must not forget those disclaimers in this posting crap.

Ho, i also think you are correct about being able to overlaod a BP case with too much powder. In my humble opinion this is not going to happen unless some fool comes along and uses a case full of primeing powder like 4 fg. As an example when Meacham or Shiloh or any maker builds a rifle they use the same barrel and steele and etc for a 45-110 as they do for a 45-70 thats a 40 grn difference right there.

Gunny

Protected people will never be able to understand the intensity life "can" be lived at. To do that you must complettly and totally understand the meaning of the word "DUCK"