Originally Posted by rem141r
try wisconsin cartridge or reeds ammo.

also, i see it at gunshows all the time for around $35-50/box. i keep saying i need to start buying the ammo so i have an excuse to get a '71. love them guns but can't afford it.

I would not recommend Reeds ammo... they acted very unethically in a deal with me... the details follow...

This may get to be a long story about how Reeds chose to act very unethically and I would recommend that no one shop with them again... read on if you feel compelled.

So the other day I order two boxes of 32-40 ammo from Reed's and through out the process it showed shipping cost of $0.00. I was pretty excited and thought the price was good and with free shipping it was a great deal... so much so that I went back and ordered a box of 300Savage in 130TSX b/c i have been wanting to try them also. I even sent Gary (Gnooah) a PM about the free shipping and that I had bought made two orders.

A few days later I get an email showing the agreed price, no shipping charge and stated my ammo was on its way. I got home very late last night and opened the mail this morning and found my ammo (just the 32-40, the 300Sav is apparently on back order)... looked great. Cleaning up the shipping mess I unfolded a piece of paper that showed my original order confirmation with an additional charge for shipping of $13. Credit card statement confirmed the charge.

I went back and verified all previous correspondence and even their currently online order tracker and none showed a shipping fee. I was now afraid they were going to ding me for that amount again when they shipped the 300 ammo so I dropped them an email and asked for an explanation and stated that I wished they would have held for the 300 also so as to avoid multiple charges.

I'll drop most of the details but we exchanged numerous emails in which he claimed their Terms and conditions page stated that all transactions include a shipping fee. I had already opened this page and read it... no such wording what so ever. I asked for clarity and he responded with a cut and paste that included this line about shipping fees on all transactions...

well I was worried something like this might happen so I had never closed the original page of the T&C...and I took a screen shot of it, and copy and pasted it to a word document. I then opened a new page to their T&Cs and low and behold he changed it!!! I actually still have both pages open.

I called him on it, told him it was dishonest, asked for a refund and an apology and he choice to go 180 degrees the opposite... he said some smartass remark about not knowing how I could have changed his website,etc etc etc.

I could go on and on but the end is what they did and how they handle this situation was incredibly unethical and unprofessional. I have attached screen shots of the two different T&C pages... not sure why they put it in the RETURNS section but I am guess he thought I would not have read that section. He further went on to delete my online confirmation page... good thing I already had a copy of that printed also...

I gave the guy a ton of opportunities to do the right thing. I was polite and up front with him, offered him reconsiderations, gave him my phone number and offered to have him call me and he chose to be an unethical weasel... so now I will tell everyone that I know about this and will file a BBB report and fight the charge on my CC.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/lohmaraj/newReedsTCpage.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/lohmaraj/OriginalReedsTCpage.jpg

Andrew