Jordan, good way of explaining everything. I'm no physics major, but I did take the class. I am 100% with you that the rain does not affect the bullet in the course that most think of. As stated it is the air (drag) from the bullet that pushes the drop. By the time the drop pushes back the bullet has traveled past the effected point. The force from the rain drop would have to be large enough to overcome the drag force in said time period to effect the bullet. I guess the question is, do we know the forces of each individual component?

Here are some thoughts I'm having leading to a question. If the rains point of impact is perpendicular to the bullets no effect would take place due to the drag, but say the bullets impact is perpendicular to the rain (think of bullet hitting the rain instead of vise versa) we would then see some type of effect to the bullet correct? If hit directly center of the rain drop we would see a velocity change, if hit anywhere else a slight shift to POI?

I'm really just rambling with all of this I feel, but interesting stuff to think about.

Last edited by Gledeasy; 04/22/12. Reason: added text