Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Anyone ever have their entire turret come unscrewed from their tube when taking the cap off?

Well, up till today I thought y'all had some pretty bad luck. But just a little while ago I had the exact same thing happen with one of the new Redfield 2-7x32 that Leupold is making. In all fairness I bought the scope mounted on a rifle from an estate sale. Both rifle and scope appeared new. Sold the rifle today at a gun show without the scope and back home was checking the scope out thinking about putting it on another rifle. Elevation turrent wouldn't come off. Let son try with same result. Got some channel locks and belt webbing, adjusted the jaws so I wouldn't crush the cap, and put some pressure on it. Wasn't like I was white-knuckling the pliers, just good pressure. And out came the whole assembly. Looks just like the Leupold in the post above. I'll be calling Customer Service Monday morning. Will do a followup post when it gets settled.

edit: BTW windage cap came off no problem. Just snug.

Finally got around to sending the Redfield Rev back to Leupold for repair. When I was checking it out and packaging it I took a closer look at how the turret assy is attached to the scope. It is a very short threaded shaft with standard threads. I would speculate some type adhesive/sealer is used as well. But anyway I got the scope back about 2 weeks after I returned it. Came back with a new turret assy and overall checkout all at no charge even for return shipping. Another boring interface with Leupold service wink. But by the time I did all this I no longer really needed it so it's for sale on Classifieds.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."