Originally Posted by Tulie
Originally Posted by The_Mason
Has anyone ever used this type of muzzleloader? The main questions I have are how it shoots, ranges, and accuracy.

This was the initial question and the one I was answering. I don't think he was asking about CVA's. Nobody is arguing with you about yours. I stated my experience and that was in response to the initial posting. Again, some CVA's may or may not shoot as well or better than yours or a Savage or a centerfire or anything else. If you like yours, great, I'll stick with my Savage's as I like them. No, they don't have the trigger, the proof barrel, the stock options ....that the Savage has but we aren't discussing that. I have the OPTION to shoot either and I like that option. If it's legal, smokeless hands down beats the other options ALL the time not to mention it's much cleaner.

I've already said I have interest in the gun. I just wasn't too impressed with your groups, and said i'd be getting a Savage for other reasons than accuracy, because if I wanted just accuracy the CVA does fine. What I posted wasn't even my gun. Many results like it can be shown like it for CVA's. They're very accurate, but can't shoot smokeless, and that's where my interest is right now.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.