For whatever reason, people that had never attended a rondy before had somehow managed to assume that there was a strict, cult-like Kool-Aid drinking adherance to all things Kifaru when, in actuality, there was merely a strong fellowship and growing friendship among backcountry hunters that frequented backcountry hunting forums that liked to get together around a real campfire, put faces with names and BS about all manner of stuff.

I think this image is perpetuated by the polite practice most everyone follows on the Kifaru forums of not being critical of K gear on the K forum. At least for me, that mindset spread to self censoring lots of things I might have otherwise said there as well (mostly some notable examples of poor hunting, backcountry, and miscellaneous ethics by well regarded forum members, all the way to the very top).

That's why Scot and I decided to leave that forum. Not being able to speak candidly goes from being wearisome to feeling like a lie at times. That's also why I made it clear in a sticky post on our forum that we wouldn't tolerate folks not speaking candidly about our products, and not steering people towards products that might suit their individual needs better. We value truth above product sales, and not every product works equally well for everyone out there. That has always been one of the benefits of 24hr -- it's an open, non-manufacturer dominated forum.

We've got a slogan over here (that came from scripture) since Joe Hayes came onboard -- "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." That's what a convocation of like minded individuals has the potential to be, a thing all too rare in today's world.